1.05.2011

SkyWest

(So sorry this is such a long and boring post)

I’ve had wonderful experiences flying through SkyWest Airlines and only one negative experience. This past week was exceptionally awesome. On December 28, 2010 I went back up to SLC to work a couple days. Once I was on the airplane, I pulled my drivers license out of my pocket, along with my boarding pass and thought to myself, “I need to put this in my backpack so I don‘t lose it”. Well, I don’t know what happened exactly after that, but I remember seeing a white piece of paper on the back of the plane, just out of my reach so I assumed it was just trash.
Fast forward to Thursday, December 30, 2010. I’m packing at my apartment to come back home to St. George, when I decide to grab my license out of my wallet and put it in my backpack for quick and easy check in through security in SLC airport. It’s not there. It’s not anywhere. I search frantically but I know deep down exactly where it is… on the SkyWest EMB 120 Brasilia aircraft in the back.

Once I finally checked through security, with my expired driver’s license and school ID and debit cards, I went down to the E Terminal. The flight to St. George was full, and delayed, and my mom didn’t think we’d make it on so we decided to catch the flight to Cedar City.  My brother spent the week with his friend in Washington so we decided to meet up in SLC and fly down together.  His flight was delayed from Washington and our flight to Cedar was suppose to leave at 4:40 and that's just about when he landed.  I was on the phone with him while I was talking and begging and pleading and giving a play by play to the woman at the gate.  She got a phone call from a very important executive to hold the airplane for his son.  Well, he got on the airplane like 2 minutes before Chipper came running in. She decided to start boarding other non-revenue flyers while I kept pleading and giving her a play by play.  We made it on the flight, by no small miracle.  I was so relieved and my mom was actually shocked that we made it.  It was the perfect ending to my emotionally-intense Thursday.

Fast forward again to Tuesday, January 4, 2011.  I'm all packed and ready to go back up to the airport.  I have like thirty seconds to throw my stuff in the car and take off so I'm not late to the airport, but I'm not too concerned since the airport is so small.  My mom just vanishes while I'm saying bye to my sister.  Great.  Perfect timing.  "Miss Dani Shay, you almost missed your mail", my mom calls out when she walks back inside.  I cannot believe this.  I know exactly what is in that envelope before I even see it.  I know it's my driver's license.  I completely tear the envelope apart and pull out my driver's license.  The best thing that could happen this day actually did.  Sweet success.

No comments:

Post a Comment