1.17.2011

MLK, JR Day

The first week of school ended in sucess.  We had a ward mingle on Sunday after the block and we decided to serve yogurt parfaits.  It was a huge hit.  We had about 18 extra quarts of yogurt, yeah lots of free food for college students!  One of these days we will plan it perfectly where we won't run out of anything and we won't have extras either.  Ha good luck with that one!  The only bad thing of this week was that I went running on Tuesday and I'm pretty sure my right foot has stress fractures.  The worst part is that if it really is stress fractures, it takes about 6-8 weeks to heal and I'm suppose to stay off it.  However, that is not going to happen because I'm not going to quit my gymnastics class or Zumba.  Yes, I am that stubborn. 

This past weekend was pretty great too.  We had roommate + friends game night on Friday, had a Paraguayan Food and Signs party on Saturday and had another game night on Sunday night after Ward Prayer.  I'm so grateful for the amazing people I have met up here at college.  Lots of fun times!

Today being MLK, JR Day, my favorite little brother in the whole world came up to play with me.  He is such a stud.  It was pretty fun, we went ice skating, ate at Costa Vida, played games with my friends, watched the super cute Princess and the Frog movie and made some chocolate oreo cookie goodness.  It was a wonderful Holiday Monday.  I love three days off school weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment