3.05.2010

Update from SLC


 
  • School is going well, and I like the majority of my classes
  • And I love that my ultimate frisbee class starts next Tuesday
  • I'm jealous that it's my siblings spring break right now... how I would love to lay by the pool on a cruise to Mexico with my friend (Jacee is one lucky girl)
  • I'm excited for my brother and mom to come visit me this week
  • I'm excited to go to Arizona next weekend for Connor's farewell, but I will miss him
  • My job hunting days are over right now... I got a job as an OFFICE ASSISTANT at ChoicePoint Therapeutic Services (Social Work Agency)
  • And I love it thus far
  • I've started listening to reggae music, like Westbound Train and the Slackers
  • I have more guy friends than girl friends up here, that NEVER happened in St. George
  • And since I'm usually the only girl with them, other guys think I'm dating one of them, which isn't the case
  • I love the weird things I see on campus at school
  • Such as a guy rockin out to The Climb by Miley Cyrus and another guy with a unicycle doing tricks on stairs at the stadium trax station
  • Or the guy who rides his skateboard in the middle of the road on a hill that strongly resembles Formaster in St. George (no exaggeration, I'm surprised he hasn't crashed and been ran over)
  • I finally got a calling... I'm Visiting Teaching Supervisor.  Now I really have to do my visiting teaching... :)
  • I have been introduced to pupusas, an amazing Salvadorian food. I strongly recommend pupusas to everyone
  • I still consider myself 'new' to everything in Salt Lake, and I still haven't had to drive in the snow yet
  • And I don't plan on it any time soon 
  • My roommate Wenjun thinks I'm really funny... we have good times together...
  • Like when we had ants invade our bedroom or when we cleaned our living room and found chips under the couch that have been there for at least two years.
  • I love the fact that there are two Americans, a Chinese and a Japanese all living in this apartment
  • My apartment is still always cold, 69 degrees just isn't warm enough when its below 50 outside
  • I have become a huge fan of Ghosting... youtube it
  • I cannot wait for Spring time here, it will be so beautiful
  • And it will be Utah Baseball season :)
  
There you have it! I still compare Salt Lake to St. George quite a bit, but in all reality,
there's no place like HOME!
But if I am not there, I guess Salt Lake works too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment