10.21.2010

[Magic Mountain]

So for part of Fall Break last week, seven friends and I went to California to spend some quality time together.  I must say that it was definitely high quality.  We drove ten hours on Thursday and we arrived in Simi Valley around 11pm. 

Friday we dedicated to Magic Mountain (Six Flags) and spent 13 hours there.  It was wonderful because it was sunny but not hot, and the longest line we stood in was probably a 20 minute wait.  My favorite ride was X2, followed by Tatsu.  I love roller coasters so much.  I definitely want to go back soon.  13 hours was definitely a LONG time to spend at an amusement park but it was SOO worth it!

On Saturday we went to a beach called Paradise Cove in Malibu.  It was really fun even though it was cloudy and smozzy (smog + fog + haze = smoz).  We had fun catching crawdads, burying people in the sand, watching surfers and throwing a frisbee around.  We went swimming and we got caught under a huge wave crashing on us and the riptide pulled me back the same time as the huge wave crashed on me and I banged my knee against the sand.  My knee was super swollen and now it's just really colorful -- brown and blue and purple!  I bruise like a peach so it wasn't too unusual for me to come back with a huge bruise. 

We left the beach around 2pm to start our long drive back to Salt Lake City.  On the way back up, we stopped in St. George to eat and get some fuel.  Thank you mom so much for feeding my three friends and myself.  It was so great to see my family, even if it was just for a half hour or so.  Love my family! 

Overall, this Fall Break was the best break I've ever spent.  Can't wait to see what adventures Spring Break brings!






No comments:

Post a Comment