4.20.2010

My thoughts...

Things I've missed a lot lately:

  • Sunday dinners with my family
  • frasketball (football, basketball court, ultimate frisbee rules)
  • fifth grade
  • dance lessons, and dance in general
  • my sociology class at dixie state
  • making muffins at 1am with jen and watching 'friends'
  • puerto rico, settlers of catan, powergrid and ticket to ride at woodsides' house
  • playing tag outside with my siblings in the summer
  • STG Temple
  • Pine Valley
  • home cooked meals
  • dixie state college 7th ward
  • swimming and being tan
  • high school football and basketball games
  • long chats at work with friends
  • convenience of living at home
  • my family
  • institute council in STG
  • childhood sleepovers
  • the simplicity of life before technology
  • babysitting my cousins
  • etc, etc, etc

Today in class, we discussed why change is so important. Without it, we could never stretch ourselves and grow.  Just when everything is going well and we get comfortable in our lives, something changes that makes us become better people.  I just wish I was better at welcoming the changes and keeping all the good memories alive and continuing. I will never get today back, and I will never have another day like this with these exact same thoughts, feelings, or events that take place.  It makes it certainly hard to change whatever is perfect in our lives, but without it, we may never experience something that actually is more perfect than what we think is right now, or was in the past.  I just have been missing St. George and how great my life has been there alot lately.  Salt Lake has been a great experience for me, and I'm grateful for the friends I've made and the experiences I've had.  The only constant thing in life is change, and sometimes I wish that wasn't true.  Oh well, that's a huge part of growing up I guess.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment