1.20.2010

On the Trax

So today I decided to go exercise at the field house.  I threw on some sweats and my coat and was listening to my ipod while on the trax until this guy motioned he wanted to talk to me.  To be polite, I took out my headphones and he started up a converstation.  He started off the conversation by saying he was 48 years old, was on a fifth grade reading level, and asked if I graduated high school.  I told him yes, and he asked me to tutor him in reading and math at the library but I had to decline.  Then he looked at me and asked how old I am,  I said 21 years old and then he was kinda weird about it and said he was old enough to be my father.  A moment later he said he could be friends with my mom because they are probably close to the same age.  The whole conversation with him was just strange and I learned that he was partly schizophrenic, and he was interested that I am attending a Book of Mormon institute class but he cares more about the old and new testament.  He also asked me if I was rich because I wear "rich people clothes".  I was in sweatpants, so I don't know how he came up with that.  But it got me thinking that while I am not rich in how much money I have, I am certainly rich in blessings and family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment